Saturday 11 December 2010

Work in Progress - Meadow Dreams




(December 2010, 24x30) Almost finished - but still final touches left. This is another painting that I started 5 years ago with only the background painted. Unable to to finish the painting due to lack of ideas of how - it has been lying in the corner and I never had a hope that I ever finish it. But one day it grabbed me and invited me to start looking at it closer. I used masking for the foregound 5 years ago. Now the challenge was to try and render it more 3 dimensional and make the flowers and butterflies come alive while keeping the light persistent within the painting. In the background I painted in some shapes of flowers and leaves in a paler colour in order to render distance. Mixing lost and found edges with negative painting turned out to be a real fun experience and a technique that I will continue using in the future. And Voila! - almost finished - I will upload the finished painting soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment